Some special themes
- Where are accident problems greatest? (Section 1.3)
- Terminology - the meanings of words have shifted over time (Section 3.4)
- Evaluation - discussion of various approaches, especially the pros and cons of the Risk Matrix (Chapter 5 and Section 15.4)
- Fault Trees - how inexact relationships can be handled (Informal Fault Trees) (Section 10.5)
- Framework and methodological overview for accident investigations (Sections 3.5 and 15.3)
About the author
Lars Harms-Ringdahl has been engaged in safety as a researcher, consultant and teacher for many years. He works at the Institute for Risk Management and Safety Analysis in Stockholm, and has been professor at the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, and at Karlstad University, Sweden.
Feedback from education
One purpose of the book is that it should be usable in educational courses of various kinds.
We would appreciate feedback in cases where the book is used in education or training.